Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tips for Jailbroken iPhones

If you're going to jailbreak or you have already jailbroken your iPhone, here're some tips you may find useful. I presume I'll be discovering new tips and tricks, but I haven't decided how I'll post those. I'll either edit this post or I'll add new posts as they come to me. If I decide to make the current post a "living" document, I'll be sure to post update notices so that they'll appear in my RSS feed.

Tip 1) This is the most important tip I have (or will ever have) for anyone with a jailbroken iPhone. Unless you are on the iPhone Dev Team, do not act like you've hacked your iPhone or that you have somehow done something that makes you anything more than a script kiddie. Anyone can follow the QuickPwn instructions.

Tip 2) Photos you take on your iPhone are stored in /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE

Tip 3) If you legally download installers with Installulous, they're stored in /private/var/mobile/Library/Downloads

Tip 4) Your call history, your address book, your sms messages, and many other things are stored in SQLite databases in the /private/var/mobile/Library

No comments:

Post a Comment